Allow users to see or edit dates & times in their own timezone instead of the server’s default one. Perfect for:
- Companies with employees or customers accross several countries
- Planning changes safely with everyone seeing the right time (no more math!)
Easy on the users with a simple wizard to set up their timezone, they can either choose to let the app find their timezone and adjust it when they travel…
… or they can choose a specific timezone and stick to it (useful when working with a remote team) …
… and, that’s all! Timezone can be changed at any time in the user preferences.
How it looks
Any dates & times attributes in the UI will automatically be converted, a small icon indicates that it is now displayed in the user’s timezone. (see limitations). Works in both the backoffice and the end-users portal.
Backoffice object details
You can try this extension on the online demo. By default timezone is set on auto but you can change it in the user preferences. Just click on the links below to access it:
- Administration console (admin / admin)
IMPORTANT: Before buying it, make sure you have read the following limitations
For the moment some parts of the application are NOT compatible with the timezones due to limitations of iTop APIs:
- Imports / exports
- REST/JSON API
- Tables that are automatically refreshed
- Unzip the extension
- Copy the molkobain-multiple-timezones-support folder under /extensions folder of your iTop
- Run iTop setup & select extension Multiple timezones support
Your folders should look like this
Full documentation available here.